For all IMO Circulars, please see the Circulars section.
STCW-related circulars include:
STCW.7/Circ series of circulars provide clarifications, recommendations and guidance pertaining to the implementation of the STCW Convention and the Code.
- STCW.7/Circ.4 Communication of information in accordance with article IV and regulation I/7 of the STCW Convention, 1978, as amended in 1995.
- STCW.7/Circ.5 Clarification of certain issues relating to the STCW Convention 1978, as amended.
- STCW.7/Circ.6 Communication of information in accordance with article IV and regulation I/7 of the STCW Convention, 1978, as amended in 1995 - Availability of guidance document.
- STCW.7/Circ.7 Clarification of regulations I/6 and I/7 of the STCW Convention
- STCW.7/Circ.8 Application of the provisions of the 1978 STCW Convention to mobile offshore units (MOUs).
- STCW.7/Circ.9 Guidance for competent persons evaluating information communicated by Parties on implementation of amendments to the STCW Convention and STCW Code which have entered into force after 1 August 1998.
- STCW.7/Circ.10 Interim guidance on training and assessment in the operational use of Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS) simulators.
- STCW.7/Circ.11 Interim guidance to STCW Parties on the application of the Standard Marine Communications Phrases (SMCP) as required by section A-II/1 of the STCW Code.
- STCW.7/Circ.12 Advice for port State control officers and recognized organizations on action to be taken in cases where not all seafarers carry certificates and endorsements meeting STCW 95 requirements after 1 February 2002.
- STCW.7/Circ.13 Issues to be considered when integrating computer based technologies. into the training and assessment of seafarers.
- STCW.7/Circ.14 Guidance for masters on keeping a safe achor watch.
- STCW.7/Circ.15 Data required to be included in documentary evidence of training leading to the award of a certificate of competency.
- STCW.8/Circ.1/Rev.1 National authorities maintaining registers of STCW Convention Certificates and endorsements - Verification of validity and authenticity of certificates.
Related Human Element Circulars include:
- MSC-MEPC.7/Circ.1 Checklist for considering human element issues by IMO bodies.
- MSC-MEPC.7/Circ.2 Strengthening of human element input to the work of IMO.
- MSC-MEPC.7/Circ.3 Framework for consideration of ergonomics and work environment.
- MSC-MEPC.7/Circ.4 The organization’s strategy to address the human element.
- MSC-MEPC.7/Circ.5 Guidelines for the operational implementation of the international safety management (ISM)) Code by companies .
- MSC-MEPC.7/Circ.6 Guidance on the qualifications, training and experience necessary for undertaking the role of the designated person under the provisions of the international safety management (ISM) Code.
- MSC-MEPC.7/Circ.7 Guidance on Near-Miss Reporting
Related MSC Circulars include:
- MSC/Circ.853 Guidance on shipboard assessments of proficiency.
- MSC/Circ.867 Officer of the navigational watch acting as the sole lookout in periods of darkness.
- MSC/Circ.900 Fraudulent certificates of competency.
- MSC/Circ.918 Guidance for port State control officers in respect of certificates of competency issued under the provisions of the STCW Convention.
- MSC/Circ.948 Preparation of reports pursuant to STCW regulation I/7, paragraph 2.
- MSC/Circ.949 MSC Circulars superseded by the 1995 amendments to the1978 STCW Convention.
- MSC/Circ.952 IALA standards for training and certification of Vessel Traffic Service (VTS) personnel.
- MSC/Circ.1014 Guidance on fatigue mitigation and management.
Related MSC.1 Circulars include:
- MSC.1/Circ.797/Rev.24 Training and Watchkeeping - List of competent persons maintained by the Secretary-General pursuant to section A-I/7 of the STCW Code.
- MSC.1/Circ.1163/Rev.12 International convention on standards of training, certification and watchkeeping for seafarers(STCW), 1978, as amended – Parties to the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW), 1978, as amended, confirmed by the Maritime Safety Committee to have communicated information which demonstrates that full and complete effect is given to the relevant provisions of the Convention.
- MSC.1/Circ.1164/Rev.21 International convention on standards of training, certification and watchkeeping for seafarers (STCW), 1978, as amended – Reports of Independent Evaluation.
- MSC.1/Circ.1208 Promoting and verifying continued familiarization of GMDSS operators on board ships.
- MSC.1/Circ.1448 Procedures regarding the consideration of information communicated in accordance with article IV and Regulation I/7 of the STCW Convention and Section A-I/7 of the STCW Code.
- MSC.1/Circ.1449 Guidance on the preparation, reporting and review of independent evaluations and steps taken to implement mandatory amendments required by Regulation I/7 of the STCW Convention.
- MSC.1/Circ.1450 Guidence on arrangements between Parties to allow for recogniztion of certificates under Regulation I/10 of the STCW Convention.
Related Assembly resolutions include: