The 2010 edition of Life Saving Appliances is now available from the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
This publication includes the latest consolidated versions of the mandatory International Life-Saving Appliance (LSA) Code, the Revised Recommendation on Testing of Life-Saving Appliances and the Code of Practice for the Evaluation, Testing and Acceptance of Prototype Novel Life-Saving Appliances.
The updated requirements and recommendations in the new edition include those relating to:
• stowage, fitting and equipment of liferafts;
• certification and fitting of lifeboats;
• new requirements for fast rescue boats;
• requirements for lifeboat and rescue boat launching appliances;
• carrying capacity of free-fall lifeboats;
• changes in the average weight of persons to be used for the design and equipment of life-saving appliances;
• extensive new requirements for lifejackets, including the introduction of infant and child lifejackets;
• extensive associated changes to testing requirements for life-saving appliances, including the introduction of reference test devices.
For further information, please consult the IMO website at www.imo.org
288 pp A5, product code: ID982E, ISBN: 978-92-801-1507-9, price £23.
Also available as an e-book (ED982E, £23).
IMO – the International Maritime Organization – is the United Nations specialized agency with responsibility for the safety and security of shipping and the prevention of marine pollution by ships.
For further information please contact:
Lee Adamson, Head, Public Information Services on 020 7587 3153 (firstname.lastname@example.org
Natasha Brown, External Relations Officer on 020 7587 3274 (email@example.com