The Translation Services deal with the timely provision of all translations required by the meetings, as well as language support to editorial committees, ensuring that deadlines are consistently met during all the stages of document production.
The Translation Services include six Translation Sections, incorporating the Word Processing Units.
- Arabic Translation Section - 2nd floor, rear wing
- Chinese Translation Section - 2nd floor, rear wing
- English Translation Section - 3rd floor, rear wing
- French Translation Section - 4th floor, rear wing
- Russian Translation Section - 2nd floor, rear wing
- Spanish Translation Section - 3rd floor, rear wing
The six official languages at IMO are: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish. The reports of Committees, Assembly Resolutions and Council Decisions are translated into all six languages.
The three working languages at IMO are: English, French and Spanish. All documents are translated into the three working languages.