Kitack Lim was elected Secretary-General of the Organization by the 114th session of the IMO Council in June 2015 for a four-year period beginning 1 January 2016. The election was endorsed by the IMO's Assembly at its 29th session in November 2015.
Mr. Kitack Lim (Republic of Korea) is the eighth elected Secretary-General of the International Maritime Organization.
The Senior Management Committee is composed of :
- Kitack Lim (IMO Secretary-General)
- Lawrence Barchue (Assistant Secretary-General/Director, Member State Audit and Implementation Support)
- Stefan Micallef (Assistant Secretary-General/Director, Marine Environment Division)
- Nicolaos Charalambous (Director, Technical Cooperation Division)
- Juvenal Shiundu (Acting Director, Technical Cooperation Division)
- Frederick Kenney (Director, Legal Affairs and External Relations Division)
- Linda Ryan (Director, Administrative Division)
- Heike Deggim (Director, Maritime Safety Division)
- Hiroyuki Yamada (Director, Conference Division)
- Sung-Jin Kim, (Senior Deputy Director, Internal Oversight and Ethics Office)
- Arsenio Dominguez (Chief of Staff, Office of the Secretary-General)