We are pleased to advise you that the backorders for the new edition of Code on noise levels on board ships, 2014 Edition have been despatched. Please note this new edition applies to ships built after 1 July 2014 and does not render the previous 1982 edition obsolete (product code I814E).
The backorders for the updated editions of International Convention for Safe Containers, 1972 (CSC 1972), 2014 Edition, as well as, Model course: Officer in charge of a navigational watch, 2014 Edition and Model course: Officer in charge of an engineering watch, 2014 Edition have been despatched. These three titles render obsolete the previous editions.
In Spanish, we now have available for purchase the new title Code on noise levels on board ships, 2014 Edition, the updated edition of IMSBC Code and Supplement, 2013 Edition, and three model courses Skipper on a fishing vessel, 2008 Edition, Officer in charge of a navigational watch on a fishing vessel, 2008 Edition and Chief and Second Engineering Officers on a fishing vessel, 2008 Edition. We remind you that the new edition of the IMSBC Code may be applied from 1 January 2014 on a voluntary basis, anticipating its envisaged official entry into force on 1 January 2015.
In French, we have just published the updated edition of International Convention for Safe Containers, 1972 (CSC 1972), 2014 Edition and the new editions of Code on noise levels on board ships, 2014 Edition and MARPOL - How to do it, 2013 Edition. Additionally, in Arabic we have printed the updated edition of 2010 HNS Convention, 2013 Edition.
Following our recently published titles, over the coming months we shall be printing :
- SOLAS Consolidated Edition, 2014 (product code IF110E, price £90) in July followed by the French and Spanish editions
- ISM Code and Guidelines, 2014 Edition (product code IC117E, price £14) in July followed by the French and Spanish editions
- International Convention for Safe Containers 1972 (CSC 1972), 2014 Spanish Edition (product code IC282S, price £12)
- Revised IMO Compendium for Facilitation and Electronic Business, 2014 Edition (product code IA360E, price £10)
- 2011 ESP Code, 2013 French Edition (product code IB265F, price £15)
- 2011 ESP Code, 2013 Spanish Edition (product code IB265S, price £15)
- MARPOL - How to do it, 2013 Spanish Edition (product code IB636S, price £24)
Please note that new updates have been added to our Supplements & Inserts webpage. We therefore encourage you to view this webpage, download and print them accordingly. Please remember that these updates are also available to e-book customers by viewing the pdf file using the website for IMO Virtual Publications as well as e-reader customers by using the Internet Update/Check for Content Update function on The IMO Bookshelf.
Please view the media briefing following the Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC) 66th session held at IMO Headquarters during 31 March - 4 April 2014.
IMO Publishing will be exhibiting at International Oil Spill Conference (stand 638) from 5 - 8 May 2014 in Savannah, Georgia, USA and at Posidonia 2014 (stand 1421) from 2 - 6 June 2014 in Athens, Greece.
Roberto G. Cheer
Head, Sales & Marketing