Since the inception of the GloBallast Programme and, in particular, after the adoption of the BWM Convention, IMO has participated and sponsored a significant number of symposia, conferences and workshops related to invasive species in ships’ ballast water.
Current events on Ballast Water Management
IMO-GloBallast-Republic of Korea R&D Forum and Exhibition on Ballast Water Management in Busan, Republic of Korea from 23 to 25 October 2013. This year, the theme is "Meeting the demands of the BWM Convention: R&D in the context of catalysing innovative technologies". For details, please click here.
IMO-IMarEST Pre-Conference Shipping Industry Forum in Busan, Republic of Korea on 22 October 2013.
- 2nd IMO-IMarEST Pre-Conference Shipbuilders' Forum in Istanbul, Turkey on 25 October 2011.
- IMO-GloBallast-Republic of Turkey R&D Forum and Exhibition on Ballast Water Management in Istanbul, Turkey from 26 to 28 October 2011. The theme was "Compliance, Monitoring and Enforcement, the next R&D Challenge and Opportunity". For proceedings, please click here.
- Global R+D Forum on Emerging Ballast Water Management Systems was held at the World Maritime University in Malmo, Sweden on 27-29 January 2010. For details, please click here.
- The 7th Annual Green Ship Technology Conference, was held in Copenhagen on 16-18 March 2010. For further details, please click here.
- 5th Global Conference on Oceans, Coasts, and Islands: Ensuring Survival, Preserving Life, Improving Governance, May 3-7, 2010, UNESCO, Paris. For further details, please click here.
- The 17th International Conference on Aquatic Invasive Species hosted by the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, was held at the Westin San Diego, San Diego, California from August 29 to September 2, 2010. For further details, please click here.
- GloBallast China National Workshop on Ballast Water Management hosted by China Maritime Safety Administration will be held in Qingdao, 25-26 October 2010.
- The 5th International Conference and Exhibition on Ballast Water Management (ICBWM) 2010 will be held in Singapore, 1-4 November. For further details, please click here.
Disclaimer: The information posted on this page is offered as provided by the organizers and should not be construed as endorsed or reflecting the views of IMO or its Secretariat.